Helpful safety tips for new homeowners in Concord
If you just bought your first home or you’re preparing to, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for you and your family. You might be pondering the many ways you might personalize your house with decor, paint, and furnishings. But, before you get too far, make certain you consider home security too. Keeping the ones you care about protected should always be a foremost priority, and we’ll show you how with these safety tips for new homeowners in Concord.
Perform a safety review of your new Concord property
Now that you’re considering safety, see what your new home has in place. To start, make certain you have working smoke detectors. Test every one and change batteries if needed. Do you have carbon monoxide detectors? Is there a water sensor in your basement? This is also a perfect time to upgrade door locks and investigate all locks on windows. Go through every space and get to know your new home.
Smart security tips for your Concord home
Once you’ve done your initial check of safety alarms and locks, you may look into improving your property’s safety. Get started with these security tips for your home in Concord.
- Install a modern home security system. One of the best tools for new homeowners in Concord is a home security system. Today’s wireless technology allows you to keep an eye on your home even when you’re away. You may view up-to-the-second video footage, operate door locks, and even communicate with visitors at your door right from your cell phone. You can even custom-tailor your system with incredible security measures such as surveillance cameras and monitored safety alarms.
- Modernize your outside lights. Outdoor lights with motion sensors are a great approach in discouraging potential burglars. You might even use them in conjunction with outdoor cameras. When a motion detector is tripped, it can signal your video equipment to begin recording.
- Keep your yard nicely groomed. Do you have an unobstructed perspective of your property through your windows? Are there overgrown trees and bushes obstructing the view? Get rid of potential places to hide by keeping your yard well groomed. Your neighbors will be grateful for it as well.
- Make friends with folks in your area. Talking about your neighbors, get familiar with them. If you are friends with people nearby, they’ll be more likely to inform you if they detect suspicious activity. You might also connect to your area’s social media group if one is established.
- Benefit from home automation. If you install a modern smart home, you can make it seem like you’re on site by activating smart lights at scheduled moments. This is a nice tool when you’re not there.