How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Concord smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in full control of your Concord home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of what it can do and explore suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Concord do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You can arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you convenient remote access and control via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Check live or recorded video streams from all connected surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Concord by implementing schedules or establishing rules. For example, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the fire alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms all devices except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will post a notification if something is blocking the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you may still arm your home’s security by adhering to the steps above. You will then confirm you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Concord
Although many users can be entered when your system is installed, you will likely want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote capability, tap email or phone and enter the information to deliver an invite.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, just navigate to the menu, press users, pick the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Concord home security system. Contact (802) 909-3379 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.