Online shopping and daily drop-offs have become customary for countless residents. You love the benefit of having packages left right at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes sitting in plain sight are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a real concern, but you are able to take action against it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These surveillance instruments are great tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they give you so much more.
Take a moment to see how they work and why they’re sure to become an integral facet of your smart home.
Benefits of a Concord video doorbell
Found in wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a range of innovative features, and the technology keeps advancing. You now have the ability to implement detection zones, speak to individuals at your door, and receive instant alerts whenever something is dropped off.
The simplest way to find out how a Concord video doorbell camera works is to explore the many benefits it can provide. Think about the following features:
- Active crime deterrents: You can’t get this on every model, but there are several smart video doorbells that are proactive in deterring burglary with visual and audible warnings. This is an effective way to let porch pirates know somebody is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You will benefit from seeing the complete picture, and that includes the faces of people at your entry and boxes on the surface below. Options with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision give you a complete perspective.
- Crystal-clear images any time of day: What’s the use of getting a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and hard to see? Top models will provide exceptional night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You are able to enjoy instant notifications from video doorbells that can tell the difference between people and packages.
- Converse with whoever’s at your door: Is a person standing at your main entry? Two-way audio allows you to ask their purpose for being there. You could even use this handy feature to scare off people loitering around your walkway.
- Cut down on false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the area to be viewed will let you reduce false alarms triggered by pedestrians or pets.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home offers you the opportunity to access real-time and archived video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you can engage with them directly from your mobile device, no matter where you are. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, give you a sightline into what’s occurring, and even allow you to talk with whoever’s at your door. These components have become game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.